Today was a public holiday for NSW.
And I had a late afternoon lunch/early dinner to attend today with friends.
I made a loaf to take...
Lovely it was too --so nice that it was all eaten!!
I also made:
- fresh asparagus with a garlic dip
- honey smoked ocean trout in bearnaise sauce as a dip
- labne with fresh herbs
- home-made sesame lavosh
- heirloom tomatoes and kalamata olives mixed as a topping for bruschetta
- and a platter with prosciutto, cremant d'argenteuil cheese, pate and provencal olives
- and melba toast made from sourdough baguette and ciabatta to go with all the above.
Luckily I only had to make the nibbles - imagine if I was cooking the dinner!! The hostess does the main course, and everyone brings a dish. The dinner was braised pork shoulder, a sirloin roast of beef (courtesy of the host and hostess), salad of asparagus, leeks and broccoli, roasted vegetables, wild rice and pomegranate salad, and a tomato and mozzarella salad (courtesy of the guests). Dessert was a tiramisu accompanied by a platter of strawberries, blueberries, and red and green grapes (also made by one of the guests). Superb!!! Fabulous company, fabulous food, amazing wines -- a wonderful, wonderful afternoon. What a way to spend a holiday!!!